Senior Web Developer (Backend Focus)
The Senior Web Developer role requires an experienced and seasoned professional backend developer.
The ideal candidate would possess an intellectual curiosity that leads to creative, yet pragmatic, solutions that serve our Tymbrel platform and our clients. The successful candidate will work in collaboration with our CTO and CPO in developing new web applications, Tymbrel platform upgrades, integrations, extensions as well as managing 3rd party integrations with our clients existing software stacks.
We solve business challenges for our clients with a combination of internally developed and externally sourced software tools, as well as integrating with client-specific platforms and tools. Therefore a personality which enjoys problem solving, solution finding and brings a scrum master mentality to our team is optimal.
The Senior Web Developer is someone who can look at the bigger picture to find pragmatic development strategies that leverage frontend development or through existing tools, teams and resources to achieve goals more efficiently. Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while delivering quality work by tight deadlines, are key attributes of this position.
- Work closely with our CTO and CPO to develop web based tools and integrations for our clients
- Work with our team of developers in a collaborative fashion
- Design Tymbrel platform updates and extensions based on the business needs clients and users
- Responsible for meeting deliverables within time and budget constraints at or exceeding our present quality standards
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrates self-motivation to stay current with the latest improvisations in the industry
- Working with project management to meet their support and training needs
- Assists in the preparation of estimates based on the development components of a project evaluating implementation strategies considering other resources within the team to achieve business objectives and project goals
- Operates effectively as a member of the development team.
- Also operates effectively as an individual for quick turnaround of enhancements and fixes.
- Responsible for meeting expectations and deliverables on time and in high quality.
- Responsible for the development of new web ‘Apps’ and SaaS Tymbrel platform updates.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments.
- Demonstrates self-motivation to stay current with the latest improvisations in the industry.
- Responsible for interfacing with project management to meet their support and training needs, when required.
- Experience in developing web-based applications using industry best-practices – SaaS experience a big plus
- 5+ years programming experience
- Experience managing clients and client expectations a big asset
- GIT or source control experience
- Experience developing or integrating REST APIs
- Experience with a modern framework such as: Laravel, Symfony, Zend/Laminas or Phalcon
- Develops in a clean, well-structured, easily maintainable format
- Demonstrates creative, technical and analytical skills
- Experience with high traffic, multitier web applications / SaaS web applications
- Ability to execute applications based on wireframe designs
- Problem solving, debugging, and testing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment
- Ability to ‘think outside the box’ to come up with innovative ideas
- Portfolio of previous development work is required
- Experience with any of the following is a plus:
- AWS (EC2, RDS, NLB, S3, etc.) or Elasticsearch
- Apache and/or Nginx
- automated testing and related tools
- managing a small teams
- profiling applications and databases for optimization
Senior Web Developer
Chief Product Officer (CPO)
Perks & Benefits
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Bonus potential
- RRSP match
Apply For This Opportunity
To apply for this position, please fill out the form below, making sure to complete all required fields. Attach your resumé and cover letter along with your submission.
About Delta4 Digital Inc.
Delta4 Digital (D4D) is a data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency headquartered in the heart of the Niagara Region of Ontario.
For over 10 years, rapidly growing companies across North America have partnered with us to scale growth and maximize the value of their businesses.
We offer a comprehensive suite of digital solutions strategically designed to support our clients as they scale, and have a reputation for on-time, on-budget and reliable deliverables.
With a client roster that includes national enterprise healthcare aggregators, including dentalcorp (Canada) and PetVet Care Centers (US), as well as other digital marketing agencies and growing businesses, we are growing at a rate that outpaces similar agencies in our market.
Additionally, D4D owns the Tymbrel Platform – a cloud-based SaaS content management system that is the foundation of our website projects and ongoing digital marketing initiatives for clients. Tymbrel is also licensed through a white-label offering to other digital agencies.
Ours is a cohesive, energetic, creative and committed team working towards a common goal: to add value to our clients, their businesses and to everyone on our team. We do great work, with great people, for great people, driving the results that help grow businesses. Each day, our goal is to make the world a better place.
Other Career Opportunities
Looking for a different opportunity or to explore your options?See the other ways you can become a part of our team.